Diamond Pet Foods is recalling select production codes of Premium Edge Finicky Adult Cat, Premium Edge Senior Cat Hairball Management, Premium Edge Kitten, Diamond Naturals Kitten and 4health All Life Stages Cat dry cat food formulas. Tests conducted by the company indicated the products might have a low level of thiamine (Vitamin B1).
Recalled products, including size, product name, production code, best-by date and USA states the products were distributed to, include:
• 18 lb. bags; Premium Edge Finicky Adult Cat Formula; NGF0703; 10-Jul-2013; Massachusetts
• 6 lb. bags; Premium Edge Finicky Adult Cat Formula; NGF0802; 15-Aug-2013, 16-Aug-2013; Florida, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia
• 6 lb., 18 lb. bags; Premium Edge Senior Cat Hairball Management Formula; NGS0101; 03-Jan-2014, 04-Jan-2014; Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma
• 6 lb., 18 lb. bags; Premium Edge Senior Cat Hairball Management Formula; NGS0702; 10-Jul-2013; Florida, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia
• 6 oz. samples, 6 lb., 18 lb. bags; Premium Edge Kitten Formula; MKT0901; 10-Jul-2013;
• 6 oz. samples, 6 lb. bags; Diamond Naturals Kitten Formula; MKT0901; 26-Sept-2013, 29-Sept-2013, 30-Sept-2013, 02-Oct-2013; Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina
• 5 lb., 18 lb. bags; 4health All Life Stages Cat Formula; NGF0802; 14-Aug-2013, 18-Aug-2013; Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
The company says no complaints regarding the recalled cat food products have been received to date.
Consumers with questions should contact Diamond Pet Foods +1.888.965.6131, Sunday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
The maker of raw and holistic diets seeks to help transform pets through its products, philosophy, education and research
The most recent theory is that feline idiopathic cystitis is caused by stress
The top 10 petfood manufacturers continue to feel the effects of the global economic meltdown
Petfood companies who promote their support of causes in their marketing campaigns are staying innovative in these uncertain times
Aunt Jeni's Home Made promotes the health and longevity of pets with their natural and raw lines of products
Learn about more companies and how they are lending a helping paw and claw to their own cause campaigns
Processors should carefully develop, validate and implement an effective kill step to support production of pathogen-free petfoods
The new US food safety legislation will also affect regulation of petfood
What you need to keep your manufacturing line clean, safe and contaminant-free
Measure now moves to House, where it is expected to pass
Select cat and dog foods may contain aflatoxin
--- Thank you for your patience ----
If you have any issues logging in or any other need feel free to contact us.