Diamond Pet Foods has further expanded its dry dog food recall to include several more brands of dry dog food produced at the company's Gaston, South Carolina, USA, facility, after samples of dog food from the same plant tested positive for Salmonella infantis.
The recall was expanded as a precautionary measure, the company says, to include the following brands:
• Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul
• Country Value
• Diamond Naturals
• Premium Edge
• Taste of the Wild
The recalled products above have production code with the number “2” or “3” in the ninth or 10th digit and an “X” in the 11th digit and “best-before” dates of December 9, 2012, through April 7, 2013. The products were distributed in the following states and Canada, but may have been distributed further through other petfood channels: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia, USA.
The expanded recall also includes the following Kirkland Signature products:
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Adult Dog Lamb, Rice & Vegetable Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Adult Dog Chicken, Rice & Vegetable Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Mature Dog Chicken, Rice & Egg Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight Dog Formulated with Chicken & Vegetables
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Maintenance Cat Chicken & Rice Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight Cat Formula
• Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Salmon Meal & Sweet Potato Formula for DogsRecalled Kirkland products have production codes with a number “3” in the 10th digit and an “X” in the 11th digit and “best-before” dates of December 9, 2012, through January 31, 2013. The food was distributed in Canada, Puerto Rico and the following states: Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont and Virginia, USA.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at +1.866.918.8756, Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST, or visit Diamond's recall website.
Is the Proportions whole food nutrition program a healthier alternative to conventional diets?
The maker of raw and holistic diets seeks to help transform pets through its products, philosophy, education and research
We asked Carol Jones-Adams, who founded and runs functional treat maker Overby Farm with her husband and business partner, Bob Adams, to tell us more about her company
The new US food safety legislation will also affect regulation of petfood
What you need to keep your manufacturing line clean, safe and contaminant-free
Processors should carefully develop, validate and implement an effective kill step to support production of pathogen-free petfoods
Spending bill passed in House, being considered by Senate
--- Thank you for your patience ----
If you have any issues logging in or any other need feel free to contact us.