The National Association of Professional Pet Sitters, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the welfare of animals, is encouraging pet owners to celebrate National Dog Day on August 26.
In honor of National Dog Day, the organization offers the following tips to help pet owners celebrate their dogs:
• Take your dog to the park or try out a new trail for a walk. Don’t forget the leash!
• Sit. Shake. Stay. Teach your dog a new trick and reward it with a favorite treat.
• Hire a professional pet sitter to help customize a daily exercise schedule for your dog.
• Invite your dog to sleep alongside you. Whether it's in your bed or on the floor, he will appreciate your company.
• Make a donation to a shelter or rescue organization in your pet’s name.
“Dogs are the most faithful of friends,” said John D’Ariano, president of National Association of Professional Pet Sitters. “Celebrating National Dog Day is an opportunity to thank your furry friend for his continued loyalty and companionship.”
In addition to National Dog Day, the month of August brings awareness to the many animals that need a home on August 18, National Homeless Pets Day. To support homeless animals across the country, the organization urges pet owners to make a donation to a rescue shelter or organization or volunteer at a local animal shelter.
We asked Carol Jones-Adams, who founded and runs functional treat maker Overby Farm with her husband and business partner, Bob Adams, to tell us more about her company
Is the Proportions whole food nutrition program a healthier alternative to conventional diets?
The maker of raw and holistic diets seeks to help transform pets through its products, philosophy, education and research
The UK petfood company’s rapid growth is powered by its distinctive key ingredient, word-of-mouth marketing and geographic expansion
The company builds on its boutique business with three new lines for pet stores, including baked dog food and treats
--- Thank you for your patience ----
If you have any issues logging in or any other need feel free to contact us.