Quick hits: The latest news at a glance!
View the latest, up-to-the-minute news from important industry players.
Got a new website or product? Recently earn certification or win an award? Have positions changed within your company?
The Quick hits section is the place to send and find this information. Updated regularly.
- Petco hired John Zavada as senior vice president and chief information officer, and hired William Engen as senior vice president, retail market expansion, a new role dedicated to optimizing the company’s investments in new retail store growth.
- Global innovation firm Idizen, Inc. announced its entry in the pet food market.
- Dogs LOVE Kale pet treat maker won the National Best Brand Award from the American Choice Awards in the All Natural Pet Treats category.
- Inspired Pet Nutrition plans to invest another GBP1.5 million (US$2 million) in its recently opened distribution centre at Dalton Airfield in North Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
- Spiroflow Automation Solutions, Inc. opened an office in Greer, South Carolina.
- PET | TAO Holistic Pet Products launched their new website: www.pettao.com.
- Kendall Packaging plans a US$9 million expansion in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Leadership from the US Food and Drug Administration and other regulatory experts will discuss the implications of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) for the feed and pet food industries at the 2016 PFI and NGFA Joint Conference.
- Petco appointed John Zavada as senior vice president and chief information officer (CIO).
- Blue Buffalo is a partner and supporter of 2016’s Remember Me Thursday campaign.
- On September 3, the Alltech China Research Alliance gathered to share their progress and discuss pressing issues in the animal feed and nutrition industry.
- Swedish dog food company Hugo & Celine is in the finals for the Svenska Designpriset design awards in two categories; Graphic Identity and Packaging.
- Neovia entered into negotiations to take over Brazilian animal nutrition Nutrizon.
- WellPet appointed Roger Parsons as vice president of sales.
- RiceBran Technologies named Robert Smith, PhD, interim chief executive officer.
- Vitakraft received the "Innovative through Research" quality seal from the Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft, or German Association for the Promotion of Science and Humanities.
- Torsten Trampe joined JRS Group in the position of technical application manager pet foods.
- ADM Animal Nutrition, a division of Archer Daniels Midland Company has announced the appointment of Dr. Bill Schoenherr to director, pet food business.
- Cargill has selected Chuck Gitkin to lead its North America protein business marketing efforts in a newly created role as chief marketing officer (CMO), effective Sept. 19, 2016.
Mars Petcare and Whistle are donating Whistle GPS Pet Trackers for all K-9 officers in the Greenwood Police Department, Fort Smith Police Department and Sebastian County Sherriff's Departments in Arkansas.
- Holistic Health Extension is pleased to announce that three experienced pet industry professionals will be joining their national sales team.
- Nashville-based PET | TAO Holistic Pet Products appointed manufacturer’s representative, Katie Bockman.
- Amazon Prime Now, the company’s one-hour delivery service, offers delivery of pet supplies in the Seattle area from All The Best Pet Care.
- Marc Smith, DVM, co-founder of PET | TAO Holistic Pet Products, announced that he is the official veterinarian for the Southern Cross Boston Terrier Rescue.
- The Honest Kitchen has been honored by The Humane Society of America with a special plaque for being a part of "The Humane Economy."
- Piotr Ostaszewski is the new managing director of the Leiber subsidiary in Krosniewice, Poland.
- TerraVia, Inc. and Nestlé Purina PetCare announced a joint development agreement targeting the companion animal market.
- Reading Bakery Systems has announced that Matt Risser has re-joined the company as a senior project engineer.
- The American Feed Industry Association's foundation, the Institute for Feed Education & Research vetted a generic hazard analysis utilizing the requirements in FSMA.
- Bunting Magnetics Co. announced the appointment of Andrew Blubaugh as its product manager over metal detection.
- SafetyChain has acquired Vigilistics software.
- Precise Pet Products announced the newest addition to its sales management team, Debbie Hammond. Debbie will be responsible for growing Precise’s retailer family in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana.
- Pets at Home has discontinued the use of rabbit in its pet food lines because of animal welfare concerns on European rabbit farms, reported Pet Business World.
- Forrest Mars Jr., the billionaire co-owner of Mars Inc., passed away at age 84.