Quick hits: The latest news at a glance!
View the latest, up-to-the-minute news from important industry players.
Got a new website or product? Recently earn certification or win an award? Have positions changed within your company?
The Quick hits section is the place to send and find this information. Updated regularly.
- ProAmpac, a global flexible packaging manufacturer, won two top honors at the 31st Package Printing Excellence Awards
- The American Feed Industry Association, AFIA, has appointed Paul Davis, PhD, as its director of quality, animal food safety and education.
- Steven "Lee" Higgins has taken on the role of southeast regional sales manager at BrightPet Nutrition Group.
- Bentley's Pet Stuff has donated over 200,000 pounds of pet food this year to US organizations in need.
- Kelly Ison, co-owner and CEO of Einstein Pets, was named a 2017 finalist in the Women in the Pet Industry Network's fifth annual Pet Industry Woman of the Year awards competition.
- Health Extension Pet Care grain free cat cans have been selected as one of the five finalists for the Eco-Excellence Awards in the pet food category.
- A record of 364 golfers participated in Tuffy Pet Food's 33rd Annual Tuffy Nelson Golf Classic, raising over US$40,000 for charity.
- Dog treat producer Charlee Bear Products is hosting a Facebook giveaway in honor of the company’s 25th anniversary.
- Morris Converting, Morris Packaging's manufacturing plant, has received the Safe Quality Food Level 3 certification.
- Health Extension Pet Care has appointed Tim Seibold as Southwest Territory Sales Manager.
- Spiroflow, a matieral handling equipment supplier, has rebranded with a new logo.
- AFIA, American Feed Industry Association, is relocating to a new office space in the same building in Arlington, Virginia.
- Schenck Process announced an investemnt to renovate its plant in Whitewater, Wiscosin to a stainless steel production facility.
- New Zealand pet food brand Ziwi appointed Mary Helen Hom as president of Ziwi USA Inc. and Heather Hickey as vice president of sales.
- World Pet Association president Doug Poindexter has announced his retirement and been awarded the Matsui Award.
- Brakke Consulting has appointed Darrell Klug, an animal health marketing professional, as a senior consultant.
- Lortscher Animal Nutrition Inc. completed a Marine Stweardship Council Chain of Custody audit and received their certification.
- MPM Products, a UK-based pet food supplier, has relocated from Macclesfield to the Trident office scheme at Manchester Airport.
- The American Feed Industry Association has appointed Victoria Broehm as its new director of communications.
- Kice Industries has appointed Joe Steffens as Technical Sales Manager based out of Houston, Texas.
- Matrix Partners has won a Gold Hermes Award for their Chews Rescue program, an integrated marketing campaign created for Barkworthies.
- Camlin Fine Sciences has acquired a 51 percent stake in Ningbo Wanglong Flavors and Fragrances Company Ltd.
- Bentley's Pet Stuff has acquired Pet Empawrium and Spaw and Pet Things.