Quick hits: The latest news at a glance!
View the latest, up-to-the-minute news from important industry players.
Got a new website or product? Recently earn certification or win an award? Have positions changed within your company?
The Quick hits section is the place to send and find this information. Updated regularly.
- Marc Smith, DVM, co-founder of PET | TAO Holistic Pet Products, announced that he is the official veterinarian for the Southern Cross Boston Terrier Rescue.
- The Honest Kitchen has been honored by The Humane Society of America with a special plaque for being a part of "The Humane Economy."
- Piotr Ostaszewski is the new managing director of the Leiber subsidiary in Krosniewice, Poland.
- TerraVia, Inc. and Nestlé Purina PetCare announced a joint development agreement targeting the companion animal market.
- Reading Bakery Systems has announced that Matt Risser has re-joined the company as a senior project engineer.
- The American Feed Industry Association's foundation, the Institute for Feed Education & Research vetted a generic hazard analysis utilizing the requirements in FSMA.
- Bunting Magnetics Co. announced the appointment of Andrew Blubaugh as its product manager over metal detection.
- SafetyChain has acquired Vigilistics software.
- Precise Pet Products announced the newest addition to its sales management team, Debbie Hammond. Debbie will be responsible for growing Precise’s retailer family in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana.
- Pets at Home has discontinued the use of rabbit in its pet food lines because of animal welfare concerns on European rabbit farms, reported Pet Business World.
- Forrest Mars Jr., the billionaire co-owner of Mars Inc., passed away at age 84.
- Precise Pet Products, a pet food division of Kodo, Inc., added Debbie Hammond to it’s sales management team.
- Lallemand Animal Nutrition announced the appointment of Christian Roques as pet business development manager. His role will be to develop and promote a portfolio of microbial nutritional solutions for pet food.
- Freshpet, Inc. today announced that its board of directors has named veteran consumer packaged goods executive William Cyr as the company’s chief executive officer, effective September 6, 2016.
- Kemin Industries in Des Moines, Iowa, USA is partnering with Mechdyne Corporation to implement cutting-edge audiovisual technology in their new headquarters building.
- On August 3, 1966, German pet trade and industry association ZZF established its subsidiary WZF as a service company for the pet industry. WZF celebrates its fiftieth anniversary this year.
- Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, manufacturer of the Rachael Ray Nutrish line of pet food, announced that it has launched a new blog celebrating furry family members entitled "Fur the Love of Pets."
- LaPointe Manufacturing will take over manufacturing for for pet and aquafeed industries for Hom Machine, Inc.
- PolyCello has changed its name to Emmerson Packaging to honor P.G. Emmerson, founder of parent company EPC Industries Limited.
- Inaba Foods, a Japanese cat treat manufacturer, recently announced expanded U.S. distribution of Ciao Grilled Fillets and Ciao Churu Purées with United Pacific Pet and Southeast Pet.
- Targeted Pet Treats, LLC, an injection molding contract manufacturer of dog and cat dental treats and toys, announced that Gregory Austin has joined the company as General Manager
- Eric Jaschke has taken over the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in the Schenck Process Group.
- Solvay and Orffa expand their relationship to better serve BicarZ market in Denmark.
- The "Great Place to Work" Institute has chosen Mars as Europe's best employer from over 2,250 companies in 19 countries.
- Maxx Performance has been awarded SQF level two certification with the highest possible rating of excellent in conjunction with the launch of its new website.
- Gerry Nash, one of the original pioneers of raw pet food manufacturing in the United States, died on May 26, 2016.
- Michelle Carter has been promoted to national sales manager at Inaba Foods.
- Effective October 1, Dr. Rowena Arzt will assume her new position as director of exhibitions at Wirtschaftsgemeinschaft Zoologischer Fachbetriebe (WZF GmbH). She will manage the activities relating to Interzoo, the leading international trade fair for the pet industry.
- Eskayef Bangladesh Limited is now the exclusive distributor for Leiber GmbH in the animal nutrition market in Bangladesh.
- Dogs Love Kale has received national certification as a Women’s Business Enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).
- The Pet Sustainability Coalition announced a relaunch of their brand and website.
- Glenroy Inc., a converter and printer of flexible packaging for over 50 years, was presented with five awards for expertise in flexographic printing at the Great Lakes Graphics Association (GLGA)'s 2016 Graphics Excellence Awards.