Quick hits: The latest news at a glance!
View the latest, up-to-the-minute news from important industry players.
Got a new website or product? Recently earn certification or win an award? Have positions changed within your company?
The Quick hits section is the place to send and find this information. Updated regularly.
- Bravo Pet Foods announced that United Pacific Pet will join their national distribution network.
- Mars Veterinary launched a test for feline breeders under the Optimal Selection brand and developed in partnership with Genoscoper Laboratories.
- WellPet, LLC has named Camelle Kent, a member of the company’s senior management team, as its chief executive officer.
- True Leaf Pet Inc., a British Columbia, Canada company that produces and sells hemp-based functional chews for dogs, has completed the purchase of the assets and intellectual property of OregaPet, a Canadian brand of medicinal products for animals.
- Vendis Capital sold the Dutch organic pet food manufacturer Yarrah Organic Petfood to AAC Capital.
- Inotec technology is exclusively available through Handtmann in US and Canada.
- Bunting Magnetics has acquired UK-based Master Magnets Ltd.
- Brazilian Pet Foods to auction equipment and use funds to pay workers laid off when the company closes.
- Zinpro Corporation was accepted as a National Animal Supplement Council preferred supplier.
- PBFY will open a manufacturing and shipping site in Portland, Tennessee this January.
- Targeted Pet Treats promoted Gregory Austin from general manager to president.
- Blue Buffalo and Petsense announced that Stephen Clark of Granbury, Texas won the grand prize in the national Blue Buffalo-Petsense Jeep Promotion.
- A groundbreaking ceremony was held to celebrate the development of a new manufacturing site for Spray Dynamics.
- Targeted Pet Treats, LLC promoted Gregory Austin from general manager to president, effective January 1, 2017.
- TerraVia Holdings, Inc. and Bunge Limited announced that Seafoodexport will act as a distributor of AlgaPrime DHA in Europe.
- Dane Creek Capital Corp. acquired a 48 percent interest in Midgard Insect Farm Inc., a cricket producer headquartered in Windsor, Nova Scotia.
- Texas Farm Products Company, a manufacturer of pet food and feed, has changed its name to TFP Nutrition.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company will build a feed facility to replace its current plant in Columbus, Nebraska.
- The American Feed Industry Association hired John Stewart as its manager of government affairs.
- Zuke's has integrated Velcro brand's Press-Lok closure into the packaging of Zuke's Ascent natural dog food line.
- Mondi Europe & International has named Georg Kasperkovitz as its CEO of consumer packaging.
- Excel Packaging joined the Pet Sustainability Coalition.
- Einstein Pets added an international UK-based partner, PetLondon, to serve retailers within but not limited to the UK, France, Finland, Japan and Iceland.
- Bühler Aeroglide appointed Paul Branson as director of product management.
- Carina Evans was chosen by independent judges to receive the Pet Age - Forty Under 40 Award for 2016.
- Lallemand Animal Nutrition hired Kemp Caudill to the North American team as territory business manager covering the southeastern United States.
- American Feed Industry Association hired Codi Coulter (communications coordinator), Kori Chung (legislative and regulatory assistant) and Erica Burson (membership assistant).
- Lallemand Animal Nutrition appointmented Monika Korzekwa as antioxidant and mycotoxin product manager, and Sarah Mertens as marketing manager and pet food sales manager for German speaking countries.
- American Feed Industry Association encourages US Congress to pass Trans-Pacific Partnership in lame duck session.
- Arden Grange Pet Foods is celebrating its 20 year anniversary.
- Provisur Technologies acquired select assets of AMFE B.V. in the Netherlands and BFD Corporation in the United States.
- Carnivore Meat Company appointed Bill Grau as vice president of operations.
- Pet|Tao Holistic Pet Products launched a podcast available on PETTAO.com and iTunes.
- American Nutrition will exhibit at PLMA’s 2016 Private Label Trade Show slated for November 13-15, 2016 in Chicago, Illinois.
- PetSmart Inc., announced it has acquired AllPaws, an online and mobile platform that matches those looking to adopt a pet with those animals.