Quick hits: The latest news at a glance!
View the latest, up-to-the-minute news from important industry players.
Got a new website or product? Recently earn certification or win an award? Have positions changed within your company?
The Quick hits section is the place to send and find this information. Updated regularly.
- Mondi Europe & International has named Georg Kasperkovitz as its CEO of consumer packaging.
- Excel Packaging joined the Pet Sustainability Coalition.
- Einstein Pets added an international UK-based partner, PetLondon, to serve retailers within but not limited to the UK, France, Finland, Japan and Iceland.
- Bühler Aeroglide appointed Paul Branson as director of product management.
- Carina Evans was chosen by independent judges to receive the Pet Age - Forty Under 40 Award for 2016.
- Lallemand Animal Nutrition hired Kemp Caudill to the North American team as territory business manager covering the southeastern United States.
- American Feed Industry Association hired Codi Coulter (communications coordinator), Kori Chung (legislative and regulatory assistant) and Erica Burson (membership assistant).
- Lallemand Animal Nutrition appointmented Monika Korzekwa as antioxidant and mycotoxin product manager, and Sarah Mertens as marketing manager and pet food sales manager for German speaking countries.
- American Feed Industry Association encourages US Congress to pass Trans-Pacific Partnership in lame duck session.
- Arden Grange Pet Foods is celebrating its 20 year anniversary.
- Provisur Technologies acquired select assets of AMFE B.V. in the Netherlands and BFD Corporation in the United States.
- Carnivore Meat Company appointed Bill Grau as vice president of operations.
- Pet|Tao Holistic Pet Products launched a podcast available on PETTAO.com and iTunes.
- American Nutrition will exhibit at PLMA’s 2016 Private Label Trade Show slated for November 13-15, 2016 in Chicago, Illinois.
- PetSmart Inc., announced it has acquired AllPaws, an online and mobile platform that matches those looking to adopt a pet with those animals.
- Bernd-Rainer Schaumann, the former managing director of Royal Canin Tiernahrung, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on October 12.
- The Blue Buffalo Company hired Greg Reinhart, PhD, as senior vice president of research and development.
- Natura Petz Organics meal toppers are for dogs and cats of all life stages.
- Biorigin published the fifth edition of Zilor´s and Biorigin Sustainability Report, with information related to 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 crops.
- Bentley’s Pet Stuff announced it will acquire Pet Food Zoom.
- Zinpro Corporation promoted Mike Socha, PhD, to RNS associate director, Dana Tomlinson, PhD, to research nutritionist and Molly Frensko to RNS project coordinator.
- Andrew Loder has joined Wilbur-Ellis Company as senior vice president of feed business.
- PetSmart, Inc. announced that it has opened 11 new stores in the US and Canada for the quarter ending August 1.
- The online pet platform Lifestyle for pets formed a partnership with the pet food companies Hunter and Bunny Nature.
- Steven Peiffer was appointed chief financial officer for Bunting Magnetics.
- Einstein Pets was honored by the American Choice Awards and the NCW Eco- Excellence Awards.
- Vital Essentials added RAW educator and VE advocate, Don Coltenback to the team
- Holistic Health Extension announced that Brad Gruber has been promoted to president and chief operating officer.
- Wirtschaftsgemeinschaft Zoologischer Fachbetriebe GmbH celebrated its 50th anniversary in August, 2016.
- Leiber GmbH has appointed Pradeep Padmaja Jayaprasad, PhD, as regional sales coordinator Asia Pacific in their animal nutrition business unit.
- Matrix Partners announced that Barkworthies, Caru Pet Food and Holistic Health Extension are three of the top five finalists for the SupplySide West CPG Editors' Choice Awards, in the category of Pet Food/Treats.
- Petco hired John Zavada as senior vice president and chief information officer, and hired William Engen as senior vice president, retail market expansion, a new role dedicated to optimizing the company’s investments in new retail store growth.
- Global innovation firm Idizen, Inc. announced its entry in the pet food market.
- Dogs LOVE Kale pet treat maker won the National Best Brand Award from the American Choice Awards in the All Natural Pet Treats category.
- Inspired Pet Nutrition plans to invest another GBP1.5 million (US$2 million) in its recently opened distribution centre at Dalton Airfield in North Yorkshire, United Kingdom.