Quick hits: The latest news at a glance!
View the latest, up-to-the-minute news from important industry players.
Got a new website or product? Recently earn certification or win an award? Have positions changed within your company?
The Quick hits section is the place to send and find this information. Updated regularly.
- The Blue Buffalo Company hired Greg Reinhart, PhD, as senior vice president of research and development.
- Natura Petz Organics meal toppers are for dogs and cats of all life stages.
- Biorigin published the fifth edition of Zilor´s and Biorigin Sustainability Report, with information related to 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 crops.
- Bentley’s Pet Stuff announced it will acquire Pet Food Zoom.
- Zinpro Corporation promoted Mike Socha, PhD, to RNS associate director, Dana Tomlinson, PhD, to research nutritionist and Molly Frensko to RNS project coordinator.
- Andrew Loder has joined Wilbur-Ellis Company as senior vice president of feed business.
- PetSmart, Inc. announced that it has opened 11 new stores in the US and Canada for the quarter ending August 1.
- The online pet platform Lifestyle for pets formed a partnership with the pet food companies Hunter and Bunny Nature.
- Steven Peiffer was appointed chief financial officer for Bunting Magnetics.
- Einstein Pets was honored by the American Choice Awards and the NCW Eco- Excellence Awards.
- Vital Essentials added RAW educator and VE advocate, Don Coltenback to the team
- Holistic Health Extension announced that Brad Gruber has been promoted to president and chief operating officer.
- Wirtschaftsgemeinschaft Zoologischer Fachbetriebe GmbH celebrated its 50th anniversary in August, 2016.
- Leiber GmbH has appointed Pradeep Padmaja Jayaprasad, PhD, as regional sales coordinator Asia Pacific in their animal nutrition business unit.
- Matrix Partners announced that Barkworthies, Caru Pet Food and Holistic Health Extension are three of the top five finalists for the SupplySide West CPG Editors' Choice Awards, in the category of Pet Food/Treats.
- Petco hired John Zavada as senior vice president and chief information officer, and hired William Engen as senior vice president, retail market expansion, a new role dedicated to optimizing the company’s investments in new retail store growth.
- Global innovation firm Idizen, Inc. announced its entry in the pet food market.
- Dogs LOVE Kale pet treat maker won the National Best Brand Award from the American Choice Awards in the All Natural Pet Treats category.
- Inspired Pet Nutrition plans to invest another GBP1.5 million (US$2 million) in its recently opened distribution centre at Dalton Airfield in North Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
- Spiroflow Automation Solutions, Inc. opened an office in Greer, South Carolina.
- PET | TAO Holistic Pet Products launched their new website: www.pettao.com.
- Kendall Packaging plans a US$9 million expansion in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Leadership from the US Food and Drug Administration and other regulatory experts will discuss the implications of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) for the feed and pet food industries at the 2016 PFI and NGFA Joint Conference.
- Petco appointed John Zavada as senior vice president and chief information officer (CIO).
- Blue Buffalo is a partner and supporter of 2016’s Remember Me Thursday campaign.
- On September 3, the Alltech China Research Alliance gathered to share their progress and discuss pressing issues in the animal feed and nutrition industry.
- Swedish dog food company Hugo & Celine is in the finals for the Svenska Designpriset design awards in two categories; Graphic Identity and Packaging.
- Neovia entered into negotiations to take over Brazilian animal nutrition Nutrizon.
- WellPet appointed Roger Parsons as vice president of sales.