Quick hits: The latest news at a glance!
View the latest, up-to-the-minute news from important industry players.
Got a new website or product? Recently earn certification or win an award? Have positions changed within your company?
The Quick hits section is the place to send and find this information. Updated regularly.
- Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, manufacturer of the Rachael Ray Nutrish line of pet food, announced today that it has launched a new blog celebrating furry family members entitled "Fur the Love of Pets."
- LaPointe Manufacturing will take over manufacturing for for pet and aquafeed industries for Hom Machine, Inc.
- PolyCello has changed its name to Emmerson Packaging to honor P.G. Emmerson, founder of parent company EPC Industries Limited.
- Inaba Foods, a Japanese cat treat manufacturer, recently announced expanded U.S. distribution of Ciao Grilled Fillets and Ciao Churu Purées with United Pacific Pet and Southeast Pet.
- Targeted Pet Treats, LLC, an injection molding contract manufacturer of dog and cat dental treats and toys, announced that Gregory Austin has joined the company as General Manager
- Eric Jaschke has taken over the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in the Schenck Process Group.
- Solvay and Orffa expand their relationship to better serve BicarZ market in Denmark.
- The "Great Place to Work" Institute has chosen Mars as Europe's best employer from over 2,250 companies in 19 countries.
- Maxx Performance has been awarded SQF level two certification with the highest possible rating of excellent in conjunction with the launch of its new website.
- Gerry Nash, one of the original pioneers of raw pet food manufacturing in the United States, died on May 26, 2016.
- Michelle Carter has been promoted to national sales manager at Inaba Foods.
- Effective October 1, Dr. Rowena Arzt will assume her new position as director of exhibitions at Wirtschaftsgemeinschaft Zoologischer Fachbetriebe (WZF GmbH). She will manage the activities relating to Interzoo, the leading international trade fair for the pet industry.
- Eskayef Bangladesh Limited is now the exclusive distributor for Leiber GmbH in the animal nutrition market in Bangladesh.
- Dogs Love Kale has received national certification as a Women’s Business Enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).
- The Pet Sustainability Coalition announced a relaunch of their brand and website.
- Glenroy Inc., a converter and printer of flexible packaging for over 50 years, was presented with five awards for expertise in flexographic printing at the Great Lakes Graphics Association (GLGA)'s 2016 Graphics Excellence Awards.
- Petcurean announced that the pet food company will sponsor three Chow Chows dyed to look like panda bears, known as the Panda Chow Chows.
- Reading Bakery Systems (RBS) is pleased to announce that Hassan Harakeh has joined the company as sales manager, Middle East & Africa.
- The American Feed Industry Association announced internal staffing changes. Miranda McDaniel, Paul Keppy and Allison Crompton all received recent promotions.
- Bühler Aeroglide, a global leader in thermal process engineering and technology for food, feed, and industrial materials has appointed Brian Hinkle Director of Product Management.
- Schenck Process announces the ISO 9001:2015 certification of its manufacturing plant located in Sabetha, Kansas.
- Open Farm has launched a blog page.
- BASF is raising prices for Formic Acid 85% by 30 EUR/mt (or 35 USD/mt) in Europe and South America. In North America, BASF is raising prices by 0.02 USD per lb (or 44 USD/mt) for Formic Acid 85%.
- QualiTech’s AG Division has hired Altair Brondani as the new marketing director and Fernando Malapi as the international sales manager.
- Eurofins BioDiagnostics merged with Eurofins STA with the goal of strengthening its position in the seed, plant and agricultural biology diagnostics markets.
- Ohio-based Blackwood Pet Food has partnered with John A. Van Den Bosch Company, CharJans Distributors, Meunerie Maska and Paws-itively Purr-fect Nutrition.
- The Industrial Bags business of Mondi in North America has earned PSSMA awards for plant safety at its Louisville, Kentucky, USA, and Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, manufacturing facilities.
- Ganeden has promoted Michael Bush to president of the company.
- Bunting Magnetics Co. has appointed Kevin Bowen to the company’s advisory board.
- George C. Roeth has been named president and CEO of Central Garden & Pet Co., effective June 1, 2016.
- Animal health and nutrition company Invivo NSA has aquired Philippines-based Popular Feedmill Corp.
- WTF Holdings Inc. has acquired Franchise Bancorp Inc. from Aragorn Holdings Ltd. The shares were acquired at a price of US$2.13 per share and represent 41.3% of the outstanding common shares of FBI.
- Burgess Pet Care has named experienced veterinary lecturer and former veterinary nurse, Kären Smith, as nutritional adviser.