Pet boutique expands with fresh dog food made from local ingredients
Owner of the popular Chicago pet store Paw Naturals branches out with a make-from-home dog food line, Phoebe and Louie's
Developed and launched by Jami Ippolito, the owner of the Chicago, Ill., pet product boutique Paw Naturals, Phoebe & Louie's Fresh Homemade Dog Food hit the store's shelves just in time for the 2013 holiday season.
According to Ippolito, the petfood is handcrafted and slow-cooked with human-grade, whole-food ingredients like USDA meats and fresh, organic vegetables and fruits, and is made where it's sold-Chicago. "Each recipe is made in small batches without artificial anything to support a nutritionally balanced diet for pets," says Ippolito.
Phoebe & Louie's Fresh Homemade Dog Food uses locally sourced ingredients and popular superfoods, like coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, pink Himalayan sea salt, kale, pumpkin, raw honey, turmeric and sprouted seeds. The company also claims that their products never contain preservatives, artificial anything, GMOs, growth hormones, gluten, corn, wheat, flour, soy, by-products or fillers.
Superfoods are used in the Phoebe & Louie formulas because of their many health benefits, according to the company:
- Coconut (oil) can balance your dog's metabolism rate to keep their weight under control, and improves digestion, helps treat and prevent yeast and fungal infections and maintains thyroid function;
- Flaxseeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids;
- Sprouted seeds are able to break down anti-nutrients and encourage probiotics growth;
- Turmeric has been shown to be effective in preventing and treating ailments such as arthritis, digestive disorders, inflammation, memory disorders, peptic ulcers and skin disorders;
- Apple cider vinegar maintains the acid/alkaline balance and can also aid in digestive health, help with allergy relief…