Pet food toxin levels ranked for 71 dog, cat food brands
Clean Label Project contracted a laboratory to analyze more than 900 dog and cat foods.
Clean Label Project contracted an independent laboratory to analyze more than 900 of the most popular dog and cat foods from 71 brands. The lab tested for 130 potentially toxic chemicals, including the dangerous heavy metals arsenic, cadmium, lead and mercury, and adulterants such as melamine.
The pet food contamination report lists the top and bottom 10 pet food and treats for each category and notes overall trends. The lists are publicly available with a rating of one, three or five stars.
Clean Label Project tested the most purchased dog and cat food products, both wet and dry, and dog and cat treats as reported by Nielsen for 2016. All of the products tested were purchased online and off store shelves.
Clean Label Project ranking of top 10 lowest contaminants and highest nutrition dry dog foods
- SmallBatch Pets Frozen Turkey Batch Sliders Dry Dog Food
- Sojos Raw Made Easy Complete Turkey Recipe
- Sojos Wild Wild Boar Recipe Dry Dog Food
- Stella & Chewy’s Freeze Dried Chewy’s Chicken Dinner Patties
- SmallBatch Pets Freeze Dried Raw Duck Batch Dry Dog Food
- The Honest Kitchen Grain Free Preference Base Mix Dry Dog Food
- Sojos Raw Made Easy Pre-Mix Original Recipe Dry Dog Food
- Eagle Pack Lage and Giant Breeds Natural Dry Dog Food
- Stella & Chewy’s Freeze Dried Dandy Lamb Dinner Patties Dry Dog Food
- Stella & Chewy’s Freeze Dried Simply Venison Dinner Patties
Pet foods with highest levels of unwanted chemicals
Clean Label Project reported lead levels in some pet food…