A pet owner in Canada is hoping to raise awareness about petfood packaging dangers after her Yellow Lab suffocated after getting his head stuck in a petfood bag, according to a report.
Natalie Burnell took one of her dogs for a walk, while leaving her other dog, Bison, at home in the basement. But, Bison got into a bag of cat food in the home, which got stuck on the dog's head and caused him to panic, Burnell said. Burnell found the dog dead in the basement when she came home.
"I had no idea he could suffocate from these bags. . . . I keep blaming myself for not putting the bag one shelf higher," she said. "It's been such a huge blow. He was such a big part of our lives and we thought he would live a long life.''
Burnell advises pet owners to cut up the petfood bags before throwing them away. She is also asking petfood manufacturers to put warning labels on the packaging so that other owners do not experience the same thing with their pets.
This book takes a decidedly different turn from the usual consumer-oriented petfood fodder
The most recent theory is that feline idiopathic cystitis is caused by stress
The top 10 petfood manufacturers continue to feel the effects of the global economic meltdown
Is the Proportions whole food nutrition program a healthier alternative to conventional diets?
The company builds on its boutique business with three new lines for pet stores, including baked dog food and treats
We asked Carol Jones-Adams, who founded and runs functional treat maker Overby Farm with her husband and business partner, Bob Adams, to tell us more about her company
Lean processing, outsourcing and time-saving machines can help boost your bottom line
Read in-depth information on the latest and greatest in packaging, check out the research behind the innovations and peruse a photo gallery
Safe, nutritious, tasty petfood requires careful handling and processing of raw meat ingredients
--- Thank you for your patience ----
If you have any issues logging in or any other need feel free to contact us.