Watch on-demand now to learn how to secure greater engagement levels and loyalty to your pet food brands
Historically, a pet food brand’s marketing was based on assertions of ingredient superiority or claims of nutritional benefit. The arrival of 24/7 digital access to information (and thus anything that can be known will be known), has put the consumer squarely in charge of brand engagement. Now in the presence of highly informed and even skeptical pet food buyers, those days of brand-controlled communication, connected to self-promoted claims and assertions of excellence, are indeed history.
Bob Wheatley, CEO of Emergent, will explain how the new rules of pet food brand building demand a different, more enlightened approach: one based on unprecedented access to the backstory behind product creation, sourcing, ingredient strategies and product safety. We have entered the age of transparency where the winners win by delivering greater levels of access and constructing stories on how pet foods are made from farm to bowl.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
1. Insight on shifts in consumer attitudes, interests and purchase behaviors.
2. The new rules of marketing when the consumer controls all, and demands access to information previously undisclosed.
3. How transparency strategies are built to advance the effectiveness and outcomes of your marketing and communications investment.
4. How to effectively translate this new era of transparency to product packaging and at retail.
5. How to deploy more effective strategies in social channels that can enhance levels of engagement and build brand relevance.
This webinar is presented by Petfood Industry and WATT Global Media.
Bob Wheatley is a brand and communications strategist and an author and speaker on brand building, consumer insight, retail transformation and content marketing. Emergent, which provides integrated brand strategy, communications and insight solutions to national food, beverage, premium pet food and lifestyle companies, has worked with a variety of brands and businesses including Champion Petfoods, Nature’s Variety, Merrick Pet Care and Friskies.
Emergent helps pet care organizations navigate, engage and leverage consumers’ desire for higher quality, healthier products for pets that mirror their own desire for a higher quality lifestyle. Wheatley’s previous speaking engagements include the 2016 Food Marketing Institute Midwinter Executive Conference and Petfood Forum.