AAFCO Pet Food Labeling Workshop will be held in association with Petfood Forum 2019. Registration for the AAFCO Pet Food Labeling Workshop is limited to 300 people. To register and reserve a seat at this in-demand workshop, interested people should go to the AAFCO website (link to landing page when ready).
Each participant will receive a 2-week subscription to the AAFCO Online Official Publication (OP) along with the Pet Food Labeling Guide that will be used that day.
Topics covered during the day-long Pet Food Labeling Workshop will include:
- • Pet food product label construction
- • What states look for when doing label review
- • How to review labels in-house for compliance
- • How to avoid common label problems
- • How to make appropriate marketing claims
- Instructors will include regulatory officials who work specifically with pet food labeling.
- Participants in the workshop will benefit from:
- • Increased productivity within the regulatory department
- • Increased profits to their company through fewer regulatory issues
- • Increased understanding of labeling law and how to interpret it accurately
- • Actions to take before a new pet food product or ingredient is introduced into the marketplace – and where to find this information within AAFCO
- • Increased coordination among internal departments – sales, marketing, product development, regulatory