Schenck Process Supplied Air Extruder Hood
The new Supplied Air Extruder Hood is a key component of Schenck’s high feature Supplied Air Negative Airlift which conveys extrudate from extruder to dryer with HEPA filtered or treated convey air instead of potentially contaminated air from the extruder room floor. This is important to all food and pet food producers concerned with avoiding finished product bacteria contamination after the extrusion kill step.
Other important features of the SAE Hood include:
- Airflow patterns within the hood are nearly identical to standard updraft hoods
- Production sampling procedure is the same as standard updraft hoods
- Gasket-free, machined mating surfaces for particle tight, low maintenance operation
- Small footprint design allows for close extruder spacing
- Compatible with existing dies and knife drives
- Suitable for heat or chemical sanitation processes
- Internal moving parts protect operators from pinch points
The package of features and benefits offered by the Supplied Air Exruder Hood were a direct result of input from customers in food and pet food manufacturing processes. From those ideas, a user friendly and safely designed air flow system for extrusion production processes was realized.