How do Americans plan to treat their pets this Valentine’s Day?
Old Mother Hubbard survey finds 42% of Americans will buy their dogs a special treat
The survey found that 57% of pet parents said it was a deal breaker if their significant other or potential significant other didn’t like pets. Forty-two percent of Americans will buy their dogs a special treat this Valentine’s Day and another 11% will prepare a special meal for their furry friend.
Other survey findings include:
- 26% of all pet parents say that their pet gets jealous when they show affection to their significant other
- 54% of American pet owners tell their pets “I Love You” on a daily basis
- 1 in 10 American pet parents have used a photo of their pet in an online dating profile
To celebrate Valentine’s Day with their pets:
- 21% will invest in new toys
- 18% will show their pooch some extra attention
- 6% will invest in some chic new clothing
- 4% will take their pets to the groomer