Oxbow Animal Health has announced the recipients of its 2015 Oxbow Animal Health Rescue Grants.
The nine winning organizations will receive funding totaling nearly $20,000 for a variety of projects and programs that benefit the welfare of small animals throughout North America. Grant winners are chosen for excellence in the areas of educational outreach, public awareness, and project impact.
The 2015 Oxbow Rescue Grant Recipients are:
- The Bunny Bunch - Montclair, California, USA
- House Rabbit Network Inc. - Woburn, Massachusetts, USA
- Oregon Humane Society - Portland, Oregon, USA
- Western PA Humane Society - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- Cumberland County SPCA - Vineland, New Jersey, USA
- North Texas Rabbit Sanctuary - Garland, Texas, USA
- Red Door - Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Baltimore Humane Society - Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Missouri House Rabbit Society - St. Louis - St. Louis, Missouri, USA
“On behalf of the entire Oxbow family, I would like to congratulate the 2015 Oxbow Rescue Grant recipients,” said John Miller, President and CEO of Oxbow Animal Health. “The ongoing work of small animal rescue organizations and wildlife rehabilitators is humbling. We are proud to support these organizations annually and we are so impressed by the work of this year’s recipients.”
“The Cumberland County S.P.C.A. is thrilled to have been chosen as a recipient of an Oxbow Rescue Grant,” said Maria Stoerrle, Rescue Coordinator for Cumberland County. “Our Small Animal Room is home to many lost, abandoned or abused rabbits and guinea pigs and this grant will allow us to provide enrichment materials and experiences that will drastically improve their time at the shelter while they await an adoptive home. We are so excited to be able to provide these important experiences and improvements for our small animals, thanks to Oxbow!”