Petfood Forum China focuses on new product development
Exclusive conference brings in-depth information on developing pet food products and brands to the growing Chinese market
The China pet care market grew to US$1.56 billion in retail sales of all pet products in 2014 and now accounts for more than 15% of the Asia-Pacific pet care region. Pet food sales specifically have increased to US$603.2 million in China, according to Euromonitor International data, with plenty more room to grow as more and more Chinese pet owners switch to feeding commercial pet foods to their pets.
At Petfood Forum China 2015: New Product and Brand Development Workshop, pet food professionals in China and Asia can learn how to develop products and brands to capture share in this dynamic market, as well as export markets. This exclusive conference features expert information that can help you take a new pet food or snack product idea to market and how to develop a brand that stands out in the marketplace and grabs the attention of today’s pet owners. Plenty of networking opportunities with other pet food professionals and leading industry suppliers are available, too.
Scheduled for August 28 at the World Expo Exhibition and Convention Center in Shanghai, Petfood Forum China will again be co-located with Pet Fair Asia, one of the largest trade shows for the pet industry in China, which runs August 27-30, 2015 (www.petfairasia.com/en).
Following is the latest session information for Petfood Forum China as of press time. For updates, please visit www.petfoodforumevents.com.
- Finding your niche among the latest pet food and treat product trends—data and information on pet food and snack product trends to provide a framework for the types of products that pet owners are seeking and help identify under-developed market niches for new products.
- Generating and evaluating new product ideas—techniques for producing new product ideas from all sources, plus best practices for evaluating the ideas to decide which ones merit development.
- Creating a product plan that manages expectations and timelines—the scope, business case, product description and promise; plus, how to get the entire new product development team on the same schedule and agreeing to the same outcomes.
- Developing and testing the new product idea—the physical attributes of the product, as well how to test, before you go to market, that the new pet food or snack will offer nutritional benefits, be digestible and palatable, meet its market need and can be produced safely, in sufficient quantities and at acceptable cost.
- Taking the product to market and building your brand—how to develop the other three Ps after “product”—price, place, promotion—in keeping with the brand promise, including engaging retailers.
Petfood Forum China updates
And to register: www.petfoodforumevents.com
The Chinese pet food market
Petfood Forum China 2015 offers plenty of networking opportunities with pet food professionals and leading industry suppliers.