An Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) Pet Food Labeling Workshop will be held in association with the Petfood Forum 2019. The AAFCO Pet Food Labeling Workshop will take place on Thursday, May 2, at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown, the headquarters hotel for Petfood Forum.
Registration for the AAFCO Pet Food Labeling Workshop is limited to 300 people. To register and reserve a seat at this in-demand workshop, interested people should go to the AAFCO website.
Each participant will receive a 2-week subscription to the AAFCO Online Official Publication (OP) along with the Pet Food Labeling Guide that will be used that day.
Topics covered during the day-long Pet Food Labeling Workshop will include:
- Pet food product label construction
- What states look for when doing label review
- How to review labels in-house for compliance
- How to avoid common label problems
- How to make appropriate marketing claims
Instructors will include regulatory officials who work specifically with pet food labeling.
Participants in the workshop will benefit from:
- Increased productivity within the regulatory department
- Increased profits to their company through fewer regulatory issues
- Increased understanding of labeling law and how to interpret it accurately
- Actions to take before a new pet food product or ingredient is introduced into the marketplace – and where to find this information within AAFCO
- Increased coordination among internal departments – sales, marketing, product development, regulatory
During Petfood Forum, stop by Booth 1715 to visit with AAFCO regulatory representatives for any last-minute questions about the AAFCO Pet Food Labeling Workshop. For ingredient definition information, individuals should plan to attend the AAFCO Seminar for must-know information on this topic.
A future AAFCO Pet Food Labeling Workshop in conjunction with an AAFCO meeting is not scheduled at the present time. Companies should use this opportunity to educate management, regulatory, sales and marketing, QA/QC, nutritionists, and product development staff on compliant pet food labeling
AAFCO is an international non-profit association of state and federal regulatory agencies providing a forum for the development of model regulations and animal feed ingredient definitions. As a leader in the feed regulatory industry, AAFCO produces several meetings each year, has established multiple trainings on regulatory topics and continues to develop new content. The Pet Food Labeling Workshop at Petfood Forum is a customized, one-day meeting targeted to pet food industry professionals.