Wenger testing shows benefit of Hamlet Protein product
Testing conducted at the Wenger R&D Centre shows the benefits of using Hamlet Protein's soya protein product, HP 300, in the extrusion process.
Trials in August 2009 revealed the following:
- HP 300 showed much better organoleptic abilities than soya bean meal;
- HP 300 was not sticky after extrusion in comparison to corn gluten meal; and
- HP 300 used less energy than Soycomil P.
Additional trials in February concluded the following:
- HP 300 produced shorter fibers, darker color and increased production rate;
- HP 300 can be used as a partial or full replacement for wheat gluten in TMP;
- HP 300 obtained optimal results with 40% chicken meat, 30% HP 300 and 30% wheat gluten; and
- incorporating HP 300 in formulations significantly reduced costs.