The expanded recall includes Diamond dry dog food Puppy Formula in the following bag sizes, marked with the following production codes and "Best-by" dates, respectively:
- 40-pound bags, DPP0401B22XJW, 6-Apr-2013
- 40-pound bags, DPP0401A21XAW, 6-Apr-2013
- 40-pound bags, DPP0101C31XME, 11-Jan-2013
- 40-pound bags, DPP0401B21XDJ, 7-Apr-2013
- 20-pound bags, DPP0401B22XJW, 6-Apr-2013
- 20-pound bags, DPP0101C31XME, 11-Jan-2013
- 20-pound bags, DPP0101C31XRB, 11-Jan-2013
- 8-pound bags, DPP0401B2XALW, 7-Apr-2013
- 6-ounce samples, DPP0401
The recalled product was distributed in the following 12 USA states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia. The product may have been further distributed to additional states through other petfood channels, but the company says it is workign with distributors and retailers to remove the recalled product from the supply chain.
The company says no pet illnesses have been reported. Pets suffering from Salmonella may be lethargic, have a decreased appetite, have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain and vomiting. Pet owners who are concerned or have questions may contact Diamond Pet Foods by calling +1.800.442.0402, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, or visit www.diamondpetrecall.com.