Hill’s Pet Nutrition is voluntarily recalling specific manufacturing batches of the single-serving cat food pouches identified by date codes listed below. Due to an error by an ingredient supplier, the products contain high levels of iron.
Iron is an essential nutrient in a cat’s diet, but too much iron may cause digestive upset, including diarrhea and vomiting, and have more serious health effects.
The issue in the United Kingdom is limited to the products and date codes listed below. No other date codes of these product or other Hill’s products in the United Kingdom are affected by the recall.
The recalled products are labeled as follows:
- Science Plan Feline Adult Light Ocean Fish 12x85g, SKU 2109PA, Expiry Date Code 07-2017
- Science Plan Feline Mature Ocean Fish 12x85g, SKU 2110PA, Expiry Date Code 10-2017
- Science Plan Feline Adult Light Favourite Selection Multipack 4(12x85g), SKU 2119V, Expiry Date Code 04-2017 & 07-2017
- Science Plan Feline Mature Adult Favourite Selection Multipack 4(12x85g), SKU 2120V, Expiry Date Code 08-2017
- Prescription Diet Feline c/d Stress Reduced Calorie Chicken 4(12x85g), SKU 2742U, Expiry Date Code 09-2017
- Science Plan Feline Young Adult Sterilised Cat Multipack 4(12x85g), SKU 3766V, Expiry Date Code 06-2017 & 10-2017
If you have purchased the recalled product, do not feed it to your cat, and consult your veterinarian in case of concern. Also, if you have purchased any of the below listed products with the specified date codes, please return it to the place of purchase for a full refund under Hill’s 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. The recalled products should have been removed from store shelves so that what is currently available on shelf is safe to feed as intended.
If your product of choice is not available, store personnel can suggest a suitable alternative product or you can contact Hill’s at +0800.282.438 or email: HillsUKCustomerservices@hillspet.com for advice.