The Petfood Forum 2018 content advisory board is seeking abstracts for noncommercial oral presentations, due October 9, 2017.
Petfood Forum 2018 is scheduled for April 23-25 at the Kansas City Convention Center in Kansas City, Missouri, USA.
Scientific posters will be handled as a separate submission process. Information on submitting an abstract for a poster will be available by November 2017.
Petfood Forum abstract submission guidelines
Potential speakers are invited to submit noncommercial abstracts on topics including:
- New research on companion animal nutrition;
- Novel ingredients and their potential applications in pet food or treat formulations;
- Data, trends and predictions for the pet food market, either global or focusing on a specific market, including opportunities for innovation;
- New pet retailing information pertinent to the selling or distribution of pet food;
- New information or ideas for marketing pet food, including via social media;
- New information, techniques or processes for new product development in pet food;
- Update on regulatory information relevant to pet food in the US or other, specific markets;
- New research, technology or processes for pet food production;
- New research, technology or other information on pet food packaging;
- New, specific information on one focused aspect of pet food safety (no general overviews of regulations or pet food safety programs).
An advisory board of pet food industry experts will evaluate all submissions for:
- Relevance of topic;
- Presence of new or innovative information, concepts or research; originality is key, so please be sure your abstract gives a clear idea of how your topic is unique and/or based on new research findings or work not found elsewhere;
- Proposed speaker’s experience or background with the topic;
- Lack of commercialization or promotion—it is crucial that the paper/presentation does not come across as a sales pitch, seeking to promote your organization or product(s);
- Evidence of previous speaking experience.
Each submission is evaluated on its own merits against these criteria but also in relation to other papers received—for example, it is highly unlikely two papers on the same or a very similar subject would be selected for presentations—and to how many sessions are scheduled for a given topic area. We seek to present a balance of timely topics as well as ensure particular areas of high industry importance and popularity are sufficiently covered.
No abstract will be considered if it seems commercial or if it has been published or presented prior to Petfood Forum 2018. Abstracts similar in title or content to previously presented material should include significant new information.
About Petfood Forum
The Petfood Forum group of conferences and exhibitions are unique and exclusive events serving the global pet food manufacturing industry. They deliver the opportunity to learn the latest research and innovative information on pet nutrition, global pet food market growth, pet food safety, processing, packaging and much more—all from leading, recognized pet food industry experts.
Petfood Forum provides the ideal opportunity for pet food professionals from around the world to network, exchange ideas and do business with one another and with the industry's leading pet food manufacturers and suppliers. Each conference and hands-on workshop offers pet food industry members a new agenda, speaker lineup and learning takeaways to help improve your business.