From developing economies to the world’s wealthiest nations, five consumer demand trends shape the global pet food market.
- Humanization – Pet owners now think of their pets at family members and want to feed them as such.
- Premiumization – Premium pet foods have grown in market share by offering higher quality ingredients and more attractive packaging than conventional pet foods.
- Natural – Natural claims on pet food have become almost standard.
- Clean label – Long lists of complex ingredient names confuse and turn-off many pet owners.
- Healthy – People looks for pet diets that will not just meet nutritional needs, but boost and protect a pet’s health.
Continue reading to review articles on these trends.