All recipes in the Wellness range are based on the philosophy that nutrition is at the foundation of a pet’s well-being; and with more than nine million dogs and nine million cats owned and cared for across the country, the UK is a nation of pet lovers who want the best for their furry friends.
A Pets at Home study found that 42% of pet parents tell their pet they love them at least twice a day; and with our pets being seen more as family members, it is no wonder that we want to give them the best, including what they eat.
Wellness offers wholesome, healthy nutrition for dogs and cats and contains no wheat, corn, soy, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. The recipes use delicious, real foods such as deboned meats, healthy fruits and vegetables and easily digestible carbohydrates to provide the perfect balance of protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in the healthiest way. Every ingredient in Wellness’ natural food recipes is carefully chosen for its nutritional benefits providing just what our four-legged friends need for happier, healthier, longer lives.
Pets at Home will offer three Wellness ranges – CORE, Complete Health and Simple – which come in a variety of flavors in wet or dry versions and are complete and balanced for everyday health. The dog range is now available and the cat range will launch in November.
- Wellness CORE (for dogs and cats): grain-free, higher protein recipes which feature fresh meat as the first ingredient. These protein-focused dishes include quality chicken, turkey or whitefish which help promote lean body mass while also satisfying your pet with a tasty meal.
- Wellness CORE Chunky Centers (for dogs): savory pâté filled with hearty meat cuts including turkey, duck, lamb and tuna. These grain-free dishes are full of superfoods such as spinach, sweet potatoes and kale, ensuring each bite is packed with wholesome nutrition.
- Wellness CORE Divine Duos (for cats): grain-free, savory pâté topped with protein-rich cuts in gravy. Dishes include hearty cuts of beef, chicken liver, tuna and salmon – balanced with nutrient-rich broccoli and carrots.
- Wellness Complete Health (for cats): an optimal balance of natural whole foods to fulfill the unique health needs of your cat. Complete Health cat recipes help maintain a healthy body mass, overall health and vitality, optimal nutrient absorption, healthy skin and coat, and digestive health. Wellness Healthy Indulgence Morsels are complete and balanced recipes of tender morsels served in a savory gravy.
- Wellness Small Breed Complete Health (for dogs): designed specifically for the needs of small-breed dogs with fresh meat as the first ingredient, optimal levels of protein to support higher energy needs, hip and joint support and skin and coat support. Wellness Petite Entrées are tasty casseroles featuring poultry and meats with healthy veggies. Petite Entrée recipes can be fed along with Small Breed Complete Health or exclusively as a complete and balanced meal.
- Wellness Simple (for dogs): the first of its kind in the UK, this natural limited-ingredient dry-food diet has been created for adult dogs with food sensitivities, allergies or ingredient intolerances. These hypo-allergenic diets keep it simple with a single source of protein (lamb or salmon) and easily digestible carbohydrates, without extra fillers or additives, including no wheat, gluten, corn, soya, dairy, eggs, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Camelle Kent, chief commercial officer at WellPet, commented: “Pet parents have a growing interest in natural food diets for their pets and we’re excited to give them even more options to choose from. It is our mission to put well-being at the core of everything we create, and to provide thoughtful nutrition choices that unite quality, taste and health. As a result, we have helped thousands of pets over the years to live healthy, happy lives. We are delighted to partner with Pets at Home and offer the Wellness range both in store and online.”
David Wainwright, head of buying at Pets at Home said: “We are extremely excited to unveil the Wellness brand exclusively in our stores nationwide. We know how important it is that our customers are able to get the best food for their pets which is why we are proud to be stocking Wellness exclusively.”