Got a new website or product? Recently earn certification or win an award? Have positions changed within your company?
The Quick hits section is the place to send and find this information. Updated regularly.
- Wm. M. Meyer & Sons, Inc. recently achieved ISO 9001:2015 certification.
- Supreme Petfoods has now been voted number one by retailers in the Pet Product Marketing (PPM) Retailer Recommended Awards for the Small Animal Product of the Year.
- Thomas Spitzenpfeil has been appointed chief financial officer of the Schenck Process Group effective October 1, 2018.
- Bill Parker joined the National Animal Supplement Council as business development program manager.
- Spain-based BTSA opened a sales office in the United States.
- Dynamic Conveyor announced that they have been honored as an Economic Bright Spot.
- Jones Naturals announced a refresh its Country Butcher brand of dog treats and chews, complete with a new logo, website and product innovations.
Opertech Bio announced that Richard L. Barndt, PhD. has joined its team of industry advisors.
- Ziwi, air-dried pet nutrition provider, promoted Adam Bird to Regional Manager West – US and Canada for the Western United States and Western Canada.
- Paxiom Group, global sales and service division for WeighPack Systems, Eagle Packaging Machinery, SleekWrapper and CombiScale, opened its fifth Xperience Center.
- My Perfect Pet announced that their partnership with Pet Food Experts has expanded to include distribution in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic markets.
- American Nutrition, a manufacturer of pet food and treats for branded companies, hired Doug Hansen as the vice president of manufacturing.
- Gordon Kaup will assume the role of sales director at Mars Petcare in Germany on July 1, 2018, and Peter Kuschmitz will take on the role of category management director.
- Reed Howlett, CEO of Nature’s Variety pet food company, is resigning from the company effective July 12, 2018.
- Schenck Process has acquired Raymond Bartlett Snow, a manufacturer of size reduction, classification and thermal processing equipment.
- Bemis Company, a flexible packaging company, was named one of Forbes 2018 Best Large Employers in the US.
- On May 17, 2018, Q Laboratories cut the ribbon on its new 30,000 sq. ft. laboratory facility in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- In 2018, Lallemand Animal Nutrition will offer US$13,500 in Forward Scholarships to students pursuing degrees in agriculture in the US, Mexico and Canada.
- At the 2018 Excellence in Flexography Awards in Canada, TC Transcontinental Packaging won a bronze, silver and gold award in the wide web/process/film category as well as the “Best of Show” award.
- James Mock has been appointed vice president of finance and administration for F.L. Emmert Company’s Cincinnati team.
- Woof Gang Bakery, a US specialty pet retailer, will hold a grand opening for its first New York store on May 19, 2018.
- Prosol S.p.A, an international nutritional ingredients company, now offers petMOD, a natural ingredient developed to enhance immune system response in dogs.
- Prins Petfoods has transferred the management of Lifestyle for pets, a knowledge and inspiration platform for pet owners, to the Utrecht-based media company Content Junkies.
- Rachael Ray Nutrish is providing dog food to Big Dog Ranch Rescue, a dog rescue shelter in Florida.
- Barry Dunaway, president of J.M. Smucker Company pet food and pet snacks division, plans to retire and will be succeeded by David Lemmon.
- Markus Götz has taken over management of animal nutrition sales at Leiber GmbH, a German manufacturer of refined yeast products.
- Bühler has opened a manufacturing and R&D center for the animal nutrition industry in Changzhou, China.