Natura Pet Products is voluntarily recalling lots of its dry petfood brands because the products have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
The recall applies to all lot codes, UPC's and package sizes with expiration dates prior to June 10, 2014, of the following petfood products:
- Innova dry dog and cat food, biscuits, bars and treats
- EVO dry dog, cat and ferret food, biscuits, bars and treats
- California Natural dry dog and cat foods, biscuits, bars and treats
- Healthwise dry dog and cat foods
- Karma dry dog foods
- Mother Nature biscuits, bars and treats
The recalled products were packaged in a single production facility. During FDA testing, a single lot tested positive for the presence of Salmonella. The company says it has not received any reports of pet or human illness associated with the products. The affected products are sold in bags through veterinary clinics, select pet specialty retailers, and online in the United States and Canada.
Consumers should discard affected products. Contact the company at +1.800.224.6123 for further information or product replacement.