Small and strong
A clear vision supported by mapped-out strategies and action plans to execute the key objectives are essential for smaller manufacturers. Smaller players are nimble, agile and can come up with unique products fairly quickly to go to market.
Smaller players can compete in the following ways:
- Create new products based on shopper insights;
- Satisfy retailers' needs by providing products that offer value in terms of price, quality and service;
- Present strong visual appeal, pet appeal and owner appeal;
- Create product differentiation by providing customized products for larger retailers;
- Promote health matters with a functional product; and
- Speed to market with creativity, ruthless efficiency and low overheads.