The "Brazil Pet Care Market Size & Analysis by Type (Dog Food, Cat Food, Pet Healthcare, Cat Litter, Pet Dietary Supplements, and Others) Forecast and Opportunities, 2018-2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
According to the report, the Brazil pet care market registered double digit value CAGR despite headwinds like slowing economic growth and weak consumer sentiment in recent years. The country's pet care industry advanced with a CAGR of over 10 percent during 2012-2017 and it is forecasted to reach over US$9 billion by 2023. Growing pet humanization coupled with change in the lifestyle & consumption pattern has helped the pet care market considerably.
Brazil pet food market poised for growth
Brazil is home to over 57 million dogs and 26 million cats and Brazilian pet parents are keeping a separate budget for their pets and treating their pets as family members. The pet humanization trend is anticipated to continue through 2023 and onwards. Wet pet food is witnessing an increase in its uptake and the penetration is likely to go up through 2023 as the category offers higher margin compared to dry pet food.
As far as competitive landscape is concerned, Mars Brazil continues to be the market leader, followed by Nestle Brazil and Grandfood Industria. As of 2017, the top five companies account for over 51 percent market share in Brazil's pet care market. Brazil has seen growing investment from companies like Mars and Nestle, who have announced significant investments in the country. Other companies are also forecasted to commit more resources to set up their manufacturing units in Brazil and pet care companies will look to export to neighboring countries like Argentina, Colombia, Peru and others.
The report covers:
- Brazil Pet Care Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis: By Type (Dog Food, Cat Food, Pet Healthcare, Cat Litter, Pet Dietary Supplements, and Others) By Company & By Region
- Key Industry Drivers & Challenges
- Market Trends & Developments
- Brazil Macro Economic Analysis
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Companies mentioned include:
- Mars Brasil Alimentos Ltd
- Nestle Brasil Ltd
- Grandfood Industria e Comercio Ltda
- Total Alimentos S.A.
- Mogiana Alimentos S.A.
- Royal Canin do Brasil Indstria e Comrcio Ltd
- Indstria e Comrcio de Alimentos Desidratados Alcon Ltd
- Lupus Desenvolvimento em Alimentos Ltd
Key topics covered in the report include:
- Product Overview
- Executive Summary
- Research Methodology
- Analyst View
- Global Pet Care Market Overview
- Brazil Pet Care Market Outlook
- Brazil Dog Food Market Outlook
- Brazil Cat Food Market Outlook
- Brazil Pet Healthcare Market Outlook
- Brazil Others Pet Food Market Outlook
- Brazil Cat Litter Market Outlook
- Brazil Pet Dietary Supplements Market Outlook
- Brazil Other Pet Products Market Outlook
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Market Dynamics
- Brazil Pet Care Trends, Opportunities & Developments
- Pet Care Policy and Regulatory Landscape
- Brazil Economic Profile
- Competitive Landscape
- Strategic Recommendations
Growth in Latin America's pet food market
While Brazil and Mexico dominate Latin American pet food markets, other nations have the potential to grow by following similar patterns to the two leaders, said Ivan Franco, founder of Triplethree International Market Research, during the opening session of Foro Mascotas 2018 on May 31 in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
Franco examined the total volume of pet food sold in various North and South American nations where Romance languages predominate. Likewise, he analyzed the amount of commercial pet food given daily to pets in these countries. Franco found that Brazil stands above all other markets in Latin America in total volume of commercial pet food sold. Mexico’s pet food market ranked second in total volume with a somewhat higher amount of daily consumption per pet than Brazil. That consumption per day is one area where other nations can focus to grow their regional pet food markets.