Most of the 10 top pet food companies headquartered in Europe, as ranked by 2020 revenue, were different as compared to the prior year's rankings, with only four companies out of the top 10 remaining in the same ranking position. The June edition of Petfood Industry, featuring its annual Top Pet Food Companies report, highlights the top pet food companies from around the world. While companies headquartered in the U.S. dominate the top of the overall world rankings, European-based companies also feature prominently.
10 top pet food companies based in Europe and their headquarters country, as ranked by 2020 annual revenue (millions)
- Agrolimen SA, Spain, US$900.00
- Deuerer, Germany, US$721.00
- Heristo AG, Germany, US$700.00
- United Petfood, Belgium, US$650.00
- C & D Foods, Ireland, US$450.00
- Monge & C. S.p.A., Italy, US$385.00
- Partner in Pet Food, Hungary, US$354.17
- Vafo Group, Czech Republic, US$320.00
- Versele-Laga NV, Belgium, US$257.10
- Farmina Pet Foods Holding B.V., Netherlands, US$254.00
Year-over-year, six of the 10 top pet food companies headquartered in Europe shifted in ranking status, the top three and bottom three. The four companies in the middle of the pack stayed consistent in their rankings. Ranking changes included:
- Agrolimen SA moved up two spots
- Deuerer, Heristo AG and Versele-Laga NV all moved down one spot
- Vafo Group moved up significantly in the rankings
- Farmina Pet Foods Holding B.V. is new to the rankings this year
While one of the 10 top pet food companies headquartered in Europe recorded flat revenue year-over-year, six posted an increase from the prior year and three posted a decrease.
Three of the 10 top companies headquartered in Europe include pet food subsidiaries
- Affinity Petcare SA, Spain, US$667.00
- Instinct, United States, US$200.00
- Natures Menu, United Kingdom, US$33.00
- Vitakraft Pet Care GmbH & Co., Germany, US$275.00
- Pets Choice, United Kingdom, US$64.78
- United Petfood
- Bynsa Pets, Spain, US$136.23
- Effeffe Pet Food, Italy, US$49.50
Geographically, the companies are headquartered around Europe, with two in Germany, two in Belgium and one each in Spain, Ireland, Italy, Hungary, Czech Republic and the Netherlands.
Purchase key data on leading US pet food producers
- 30 leading European pet food producers 2017-2020, available for US$99
The information is sold as a downloadable spreadsheet, allowing customers to sort, filter and analyze the data to suit your specific needs. Data points include, where available, mailing address, type of products offered, brands, number of employees, number of facilities and annual sales from 2017-2020. The companies are ranked by 2020 revenue.
Participate in the Top Pet Food Companies survey
The Petfood Industry Top Pet Food Companies project annually surveys pet food companies, always with an aim of expanding the reach and scope of the companies within the rankings. To be considered for inclusion in the yearly rankings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The data is gathered each year through a variety of methods, including direct company contact (a survey is emailed to participating companies), in-depth research and estimates.