Oxbow Animal Health, a leader in the innovative care and nutrition of small and exotic animals worldwide, has unveiled new packaging for its flagship Essentials line of fortified foods.
New package highlights include warm imagery that evokes the family farm setting, product-specific color coding, updated feeding and transition charts, and a updated nutrition graphic detailing the components of the ideal small pet diet. The new Essentials packages have begun to ship and will be arriving on shelves in the coming weeks.
“We are excited to unveil a fresh new look for our flagship Essentials line of fortified foods,” said Melissa Ross, director of marketing and education at Oxbow. “For years, our Essentials diets have set the standard in essential daily nutrition for small pets. We are thrilled to introduce packaging that reflects all the premium qualities of the food it contains.”
New Essentials Packaging features:
- Premium imagery that conveys family farm quality and care and contributes to a premium brand story on shelf
- New graphics clearly communicating key attributes
- Product-specific color coding to improve product identification
- Easy-to-understand feeding chart and transition guide
- Updated nutrition wheel details all components of the ideal small pet diet
- Lot and expiration date clearly printed on the bag for improved traceability and inventory tracking
Ross presented this information as a case study at Petfood Forum 2016, held April 18-20 in Kansas City, Missouri, USA.