The Petfood Forum 2022 content advisory board is seeking academic research abstracts for undergraduate and graduate oral presentations and posters, due November 26, 2021.
Petfood Forum 2022 is scheduled for May 2–4 at the Kansas City Convention Center in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.
All abstracts selected will be published, and both oral (up to ten selected abstracts) and poster (no limit) research will be presented on the trade show floor as part of the regular Petfood Forum schedule of events. Participants will receive industry exposure as well as the opportunity to experience Petfood Forum’s many industry-focused benefits, including networking, educational sessions and a chance to walk the trade show halls.
Please submit only if you believe you’ll be able to attend the show in person in May 2022.
What to submit
Potential student speakers are invited to submit academic research abstracts on topics including:
- New research on companion animal nutrition;
- Novel ingredients and their potential applications in pet food or treat formulations;
- New information, techniques or processes for product development in pet food;
- New research, technology or processes for pet food production;
- New research, technology or other information on pet food packaging;
- New, specific information on one focused aspect of pet food safety (no general overviews of regulations or pet food safety programs).
Relevance of topic and the presence of new or innovative information, concepts or research are key to a positive evaluation. It is crucial that the paper/presentation does not come across as a sales pitch, seeking to promote a specific organization or product(s). No abstract will be considered if it seems commercial or if it has been published or presented prior to Petfood Forum 2022.
How to submit
Please visit the Petfood Forum Student Program abstract submissions site and follow the instructions to create a new account. Complete the submissions forms using the guidelines on the log-in page and on the forms themselves.
Abstracts must be received no later than November 26. After this deadline, the abstract submission system will no longer accept submissions. Any requests for late submissions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lindsay Beaton, Student Program coordinator, at [email protected].