Chewy, Inc. an online pet supply company, has released its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2019 ended August 4, 2019, and posted a letter to its shareholders on its investor relations website at https://investor.chewy.com.
Fiscal Q2 2019 Highlights:
- Net sales of $1.15 billion grew 43 percent year-over-year
- Gross margin of 23.6 percent expanded 300 basis points year-over-year
- Net loss of $82.9 million, including a non-cash share-based compensation charge of $43.8 million
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) loss of $29.2 million improved 45 percent year-over-year
- Adjusted EBITDA margin(1) of (2.5) percent expanded 410 basis points year-over-year
“We are pleased to report strong second quarter 2019 results with net sales growing 43 percent year-over-year, and gross margin increasing 300 basis points over the same time horizon,” said Sumit Singh, Chief Executive Officer of Chewy. “Keeping the customer at the center of everything we do is core to our mission of becoming the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents, and the team continues to execute well against our strategy of long-term, sustainable growth and margin expansion.”
Management will host a conference call and webcast to discuss Chewy's financial results today at 5:00 pm ET.
Chewy Fiscal Second Quarter 2019 Financial Results Conference Call
When: Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Time: 5:00 pm ET
Conference ID: 5198004
Live Call: (866) 393-4306 (US/Canada Toll-Free) or (734) 385-2616 (International)
Replay: (855) 859-2056 (US/Canada Toll-Free) or (404) 537-3406 (International)
The replay will be available approximately two hours after the completion of the live call until 11:59 pm ET on September 24, 2019.