P&G investigates possible illness connected to petfood recall
Dog owner claims pet became sick after eating Eukanuba brand
Pet owner Steve Brandell of Ohio said his mixed-breed Golden Retriever became sick after eating Proctor & Gamble Co. (P&G)'s Eukanuba brand dry dog food.
The particular type of food, Naturally Wild, became part of a voluntary recall by P&G on July 30 when the company became concerned that certain products might have been contaminated by Salmonella. So far, there has been no confirmation that any pets have gotten sick. A P&G team of veterinarians will contact both Brandell and his dog's veterinarian to investigate the situation. In the meantime, Brandell said he switched his dog to a different food and the dog has since recovered.