A new report from Packaged Facts, “Pet Product Packaging Innovation: Consumer Perspectives” examines trends in pet product packaging, with a particular focus on convenience-oriented, “premiumized” product types, including current and projected trends in new pet product packaging developments. The report focuses on packaging for dog and cat food and treats, and on packaging trends and innovations with clear consumer benefits, such as:
- Convenience and portability
- Package ergonomics
- Product safety (e.g., intelligent labels/packaging sensors)
- Maintaining product freshness
- Transparency in product descriptions and clean labels
- Sustainability and recycling
While the report primarily focuses on dog and cat food packaging — this segment makes up almost two-thirds of the U.S. pet product market — trends in non-food product packaging and packaging for foods for pets other than cats and dogs are also studied and discussed.