Veterinarian board formed to advise Blue Buffalo
Veterinary advisory board will provide input on natural, therapeutic nutritional advances.
Blue Buffalo announced the formation of an on-going veterinary advisory board to provide input on natural, therapeutic nutritional advances. The group of independent advisors will also focus on Blue Buffalo-sponsored scientific research and evidence-based treatments.
“It is a privilege to work with veterinary thought-leaders who have such a broad range of expertise in clinical nutrition, practice management, oncology, dermatology and academic research,” said Greg Reinhart, PhD, senior vice president, research and development at Blue Buffalo, in a press release.
The first collaborative effort between Blue Buffalo and the board will occur at a symposium session at the North American Veterinary Conference (NAVC) on February 4, 2017 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
Joe Bartges, DVM, PhD, of the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, and Donna Raditic, DVM, of Nutrition and Integrative Medicine Consultants will present the session, “What Food These Morsels Be: The Role of Nutrition in Health and Disease.”
The Veterinary Advisory Board will help Blue Buffalo enhance its line of veterinary-exclusive therapeutic diets. Launched in 2015, the therapeutic pet foods provide veterinarians and their clients with an alternative to help address specific medical conditions that can be managed by nutritional therapy.
The 10-person board members:
- Joe Bartges, DVM, PhD, DACVN, DACVIM, University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
- Marcie Campion, MS, PhD in Nutrition, Vice President of Technical Services, Pro-Pet LLC, St. Marys, OH
- James W. Lloyd, DVM, PhD, Dean of the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine
- Cheryl London, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology), Research Professor, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University
- Gerald Post, DVM, MEM, DACVIM (Oncology), Chief Medical Officer, The Veterinary Cancer Center, Norwalk, CT
- Donna Raditic, DVM, DACVN, CVA, Nutrition and Integrative Medicine Consultants, Athens, GA
- John Talmadge, DVM, principal and practice owner, Bigger Road Veterinary Center, Dayton, OH
- Mary Ann Vande Linde, DVM, Van Linde & Associates, LLC, veterinary practice management consultant consulting and training, Brunswick, GA.
- Fritz Wood, CPA, CFP, principal, H.F. Wood Consulting, veterinary consultant, Kansas City, MO
- Sarah Wooten, DVM, veterinary communications consultant, small animal practitioner, Sheep Draw Veterinary Hospital, Greeley, CO