The 2021 Lallemand Forward Scholarship committee announces the recipients of five scholarships. Winners range from doctoral students to undergraduates in this unique program that supports both up-and-coming and established scholars within agriculture.
“Many scholarship programs focus their support on new students just starting their education. This program also helps students that are well on their way to achieving great things in agriculture,” says Kip Karges, Ph.D., technical services manager for Lallemand Animal Nutrition, North America. “This year, the committee reviewed hundreds of applications. These applications show great enthusiasm about our industry and reaffirms the bright future of agriculture and food production.”
This is the seventh year of the Lallemand Forward Scholarship program, which has provided $95,500 to students since its inception in 2015.
The five students receiving scholarships are:
- Monika Dziuba, who is pursuing both a doctor of veterinary medicine and a master’s degree in food safety at Michigan State University
- Hannah Bailey, a doctoral student in nutritional sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Kritika Gaba, a master’s student at South Dakota State University studying biological sciences
- Gaelan Combs, a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison pursing a degree in dairy science
- Marianne Milander, a junior at the University of Idaho studying microbiology and veterinary science