Smucker makes changes to executive board
Some changes will be made after deal to acquire Big Heart Pet Brands is complete
The J.M. Smucker Company announced a series of key executive promotions after the recently announced planned acquisition of Big Heart Pet Brands, which is expected to be completed by the end of the company's fiscal year, April 2015.
- Vincent C. Byrd will assume the role of vice chairman. Byrd currently serves as president and chief operating officer. In this newly created position, Byrd, along with David West, will lead the integration and synergy efforts of the Big Heart Pet Brands transaction. Byrd has been with the company for 38 years.
- Mark T. Smucker will assume the role of president, consumer and natural foods. Smucker has 17 years of experience with the company, most recently serving as president, U.S. retail coffee.
- Steven Oakland will assume the role of president, coffee and foodservice. Oakland most recently held the position of president, international, foodservice, and natural foods. Oakland has been with the company for 32 years.
- Barry C. Dunaway will assume the role of president, international and chief administrative officer. Dunaway has 28 years of experience with the company, most recently serving as senior vice president and chief administrative officer.
- In addition, after the anticipated closing of the Big Heart Pet Brands transaction, David West will assume the role of president, Big Heart Pet Food and Snacks. West is currently the CEO of Big Heart Pet Brands and has more than 25 years of food industry experience.
These five individuals, along with Mark R. Belgya, senior vice president and chief financial officer, will report to Richard Smucker, CEO.
In addition to their management roles, Tim Smucker, Richard Smucker, Mark Smucker, and Byrd will continue to serve on the company's board of directors. West will be nominated to the board of directors in conjunction with the closing of the Big Heart Pet Brands transaction.
"The executive promotions announced today, along with the talented teams that support them, continue to provide family leadership and broad management continuity, while also adding new talent to our leadership team," said Richard Smucker. "This leadership team has a proven track record of growing brands and businesses and continues our history of strong succession to ensure our company's long-term growth."