ADM opens new, high-tech premix facility
Allows company to provide faster service, more customization
Archer Daniels Midland Co. has opened a new, high-tech premix facility in Effingham, Illinois.
“Today’s pet food and animal nutrition customers have higher standards for quality and process controls than ever before, and our new plant in Effingham has the industry-leading technology needed to meet and exceed their needs,” said Chuck Loefer, vice president of ADM Animal Nutrition. “For our customers, this means faster service, more customization to meet every need, and higher capacity — in short, everything they can and should expect from ADM Animal Nutrition.”
The new facility, located in the Effingham Industrial Park, features state-of-the-art technology, including:
- Automation within receiving, batching, packaging and loadout.
- Multiple batching systems with simultaneous weighing for high efficiency and high output.
- Metal detection and protection from receiving to packaging.
- In-line screening, sizing and sifting capabilities.
- A bar coding system that uniquely identifies each item all the way from receiving to shipping.
“ADM Animal Nutrition is investing to become the go-to partner for livestock, aquaculture and companion-animal customers around the globe,” said Samson Li, president of ADM Animal Nutrition.