Leap Venture Studio & Academy, the world’s first and largest pet care specific accelerator, is proud to announce the kick off of its seventh accelerator program for pet care startup founders. The studio offers a highly customized program tailored to support and provide resources to early-stage startups in the industry, in addition to $200,000 in funding. The cohort will culminate with a Demo Day on June 8th in Nashville.
Here are the six pet care startups joining the portfolio:
1. Bundle x Joy is on a mission to deliver premium nutrition, curated product bundles, and endless joy to every dog person.
2. Blue Pet Co is a range of clean, marine-powered dog supplements, enriched with seaweed extracts designed to meet a dog’s specific health needs, naturally and sustainably.
3. Dr. Cuddles is a vet-founded pet care company looking to revolutionize the industry by making Vet Sense Common Sense - empowering pet owners to better care for their pets through trusted education and innovative products.
4. MI:RNA is a veterinary diagnostic testing company using cutting edge science and artificial intelligence to diagnose disease in the early stages to help vets care for our pets.
5. Oncotect is a biotech startup committed to pioneering early screening of cancer risks in dogs using their urine.
6. Tobipets.com is a one-stop-shop that connects pet brands, services, and vets with pet parents.
The accelerator program will provide the selected startups with access to resources, mentors, networking opportunities and brand and marketing services specific to their needs. The program will also provide participants with access to the networks of industry experts, investors and mentors of Mars Petcare, Michelson Found Animals and R/GA Ventures. These resources will help startups accelerate their growth and reach their goals more quickly.
"We are thrilled to launch the next round of the accelerator program and provide startups with the resources they need to scale," said Brett Yates, CEO of Michelson Found Animals. "Our goal is to support and empower the next generation of entrepreneurs and help them bring their innovative ideas to life to give pets an improved quality of life."
“This year’s cohort is a great mix of industry segments. We have companies working on scaling diagnostics and at-home pet health care, nutrition brands putting the planet and women founded businesses at the forefront of their business model, and a D2C platform bringing solutions to pet parents in Costa Rica,” said Rachel Sheppard, director of Ventures at Mars Petcare and co-lead of the Leap Venture Studio & Academy.
Sign up for Demo Day on June 8th, 2023.