SuperZoo, North America's largest and most comprehensive marketplace for the pet industry, is set to deliver an unforgettable experience for pet professionals worldwide. From August 16 to 18, 2023, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, attendees from across the globe will have access to a curated trade show floor with over 1,100 exhibitors—520 exclusive to SuperZoo, a robust education program featuring expert-led seminars, grooming contests, a networking beach party and more. With its diverse range of highlights, SuperZoo 2023 promises to be the must-attend event where pet industry professionals gather to discover, learn and celebrate the vibrant pet retail community.
"We are eagerly counting down the days until the pet industry's most dynamic and productive event of the year, SuperZoo 2023, gathers in Las Vegas," expressed Mike Karsting, SVP of Events for the World Pet Association. "Celebrating the vibrant pet retail community and the dedicated individuals driving its success, SuperZoo stands as the ultimate gathering where industry visionaries and influential professionals converge to revolutionize their businesses, foster inspiration and fuel unprecedented growth."
SUPERZOO 2023 HIGHLIGHTS AND FEATURES
Trade Show Floor: Unmatched Product Diversity and Innovation
The SuperZoo trade show floor will span over 300,000 square feet and feature over 1,100 exhibitors, solidifying its position as North America's largest and most comprehensive showcase of pet products. The curated show floor provides a tailored experience that caters to attendees’ specific interests. Here, attendees can explore the vibrant and dynamic space, connect with industry leaders, and discover the latest trends in the pet industry. Features include:
- New Product Showcase: Explore over 1,000 debut pet products and witness the unveiling of the industry's most innovative offerings. A panel of three industry experts will select first-place winners and runner-ups in 10 different product categories, as well as one Judges Award for New-to-Market Pet Product winner, on August 16, 2023
- Emerging Brands: Get a sneak peek at more than 85 of the newest innovators and entrepreneurs in the pet industry, hand-picked as the year's best.
- Natural and Health: Discover the latest pet supplements and preventative health products that promote animals' well-being.
- Specialty and Lifestyle: Be immersed in a world of boutique products, featuring couture-inspired accessories for the well-dressed pet.
- Farm and Feed: Find a comprehensive range of supplies for everyone from commercial ranchers to urban farmers.
- Aquatics, Reptiles and Small Animals: Delve into a collection of products designed for the care of aquatic animals, birds, reptiles and other small pets.
- Groomer's Marketplace: Stay a cut above with a selection of scissors, styling products and grooming essentials.
- International Pavilion: Experience a global marketplace as SuperZoo 2023 welcomes exhibitors from around the world. Explore a diverse range of products from countries like China, Brazil and more, and gain unique insights into international perspectives.
Education: Elevate Skills and Expand Knowledge
SuperZoo 2023 offers an extensive and diverse education program to meet the specific needs of pet professionals. With over 65 education sessions led by more than 30 industry experts, attendees can explore and enhance their knowledge and skills. The sessions are thoughtfully designed, featuring specialized tracks for retailers and groomers, allowing each attendee to focus on relevant topics. The education sessions take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, providing ample opportunities for attendees to dive deep into their areas of interest. Additionally, exclusive content and unique learning opportunities are available in special sessions on Thursday.
Attendees can also benefit from the Free Show Floor Talks, providing valuable business insights and practical takeaways. Topics will include e-commerce strategies, employee retention and development, digital marketing expertise, inventory management, grooming techniques and trends, social media marketing and more.
Networking, Events and Special Features: Fuel Connections and Unleash the Fun
SuperZoo 2023 goes beyond the trade show and education offerings by providing an array of networking events, special features and exciting contests. These highlights include:
- Beach Party: Unwind and celebrate at the highly anticipated SuperZoo Beach Party sponsored by Hill’s. Join pet professionals from the full spectrum of the industry for networking, live music, entertainment and refreshments. This exclusive event at Mandalay Bay Beach on Thursday, August 17, offers the perfect opportunity for attendees to relax, forge new connections and immerse themselves in the vibrant atmosphere of SuperZoo 2023.
- Lounges: Unwind in one of two show floor lounges, including the Live Music Lounge sponsored by Tuesday's Natural Dog Company, featuring acoustic performances and networking opportunities and the R&R Lounge, offering relaxation zones, custom massages and unique Aura picture services.
- Friday Raffle: Attendees can participate in the exciting Friday Raffle for a chance to win valuable prizes. Attendees should scan their badge between 9 a.m. - Noon on Friday to enter. Winners will be randomly selected at 12:30 p.m., with one lucky attendee receiving $3,000 in cash, another winning $2,000 in cash and one participant earning three hotel nights at SuperZoo 2024. Attendees must be present to win and hold a valid retail badge type. See all rules here.
- Grooming Contests: Be captivated by the awe-inspiring talent of pet-styling professionals as they compete for over $35,000 in winnings. Featuring multiple divisions for regular breed classes, along with special awards like Best First-Time Competitor, Best International Competitor and Best Pet Stylist in Show, attendees will be dazzled by the creativity and skill displayed on the industry’s grandest stage.
- Venture Capitalist Panels: New this year, on Friday August 18, SuperZoo will host multiple startup pitch competitions. More information will be added to the website closer to the event here. One of these will be the Leap Venture Studio Pitch Competition featuring the Leap fellowship program for underrepresented company founders presenting a pet care startup pitch competition with a grand prize of $10,000.
- Pet Advocacy Network (PAN) Townhall: Also new this year, on Friday August 18, the Pet Advocacy Network (PAN, formerly PIJAC) will host a town hall session on the Show Floor Talks Stage titled Your Business Is Under Attack! What Are You Doing to Protect It? During this session, attendees will have the opportunity to weigh in on legislation and regulatory threats facing the entire pet care community with questions and feedback.
Make the Most of SuperZoo
Attendees have the opportunity to extend their stay in Las Vegas and immerse themselves in the vibrant city. After the event concludes on a Friday, participants can choose to prolong their visit, allowing them to fully indulge in the renowned entertainment, exceptional dining experiences and leisure activities that Las Vegas has to offer. Plus, access to discounts is available through MGM Resorts.
Register and Stay Connected
For more information about SuperZoo 2023 and to register for the event, click here. Stay updated on the latest news and announcements by connecting with SuperZoo on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.