BARK, makers of Barkbox, and The Simpsons collaborated on a themed box of dog toys and treats inspired by characters of the longest-running TV series. To celebrate the new collection, available now for new and current subscribers (BarkBox starts at $23/month and Super Chewer starts at $29/month), BARK dug through a decade's worth of data to find the most Simpsons-obsessed fans who are naming dogs after their favorite characters. Interesting highlights include:
- The top Simpsons-themed dog name is Homer (doy!)
- Dallas, TX is home to the most dogs named Bart
- Pit Bulls are the top breed for dogs named Homer and Bart
- 41% of dogs named Marge live in New York City
- San Francisco is the top city for dogs named Lisa
- Italian Greyhounds are the top breed named Santa’s Little Helper (sounds right!)
The Simpsons-themed BarkBox features plush toys of Homer, Bart, Maggie, Marge and Blinky, the three-eyed mutant fish, with the option to add additional toys including Milhouse, Itchy and Scratchy and Homer’s favorite, Lard Lad Donuts. The Super Chewer box includes more durable toys and treat dispensers shaped like Homer, Bart, Lisa and Marge’s iconic yellow heads with the option to add Duff Beer can toys.